Wednesday, January 12, 2011

blog #1: Marilyn Monroe


I have always been fascinated with Marilyn Monroe.  She is someone i find to be one of the most influential people. My fascination with her started by when i saw photos of her and thought to myself, she doesn't even look like she has to try to be pretty or appealing.  This photo i think shows that.  She may not look like the Marilyn that we are used to, with the blonde hair and red lips, but in my opinion she is still drop dead gorgeous.  The photo was taken by Andre de Dienes in 1945, when Marilyn was only 19 years old.  Soon after these photos her career took off.  I found this picture on Marilyn's official website.  I am drawn toward this picture for the reason that it's so simple, yet so intriguing to me at the same time.  This is just one of the photos that i found of Marilyn that caught my attention, and the kind of photography that interests me.

No comments:

Post a Comment