Wednesday, January 26, 2011

National Geographic videos

In watching the videos on the National Geographic website I learned a lot about shooting photos.  While watching the video about movement I liked how he showed ways to take pictures moving with the object and also taking pictures while letting the object move into the frame.  I personally liked it better when he let the object move into the frame, but both ways can be very helpful.  

Also the clip on lighting I found to be very helpful.  It was interesting to me that it might be helpful to shoot later in the day rather than earlier. It would make sense though, because it would reduce the amount of glare you would have on your photos.  I will take this advice into consideration when i shoot landscape photography.

I also watched the one on composition and I really enjoyed how he took the photos of the water with the building in the background.  When you take a closer look at things it can make your picture so much better, and more unique.  It can give more definition to a big or busy setting.  It is a good idea on how to get a wider range of shots and to give more detail to the surroundings.

The tip about action shooting will be very helpful for our next assignment.  Giving time for your shutter can help you capture the exact moment you want to.  It is helpful to know this so that you dont take a picture to late.  

All these videos were very helpful for photography and i hope they are as easy to learn as they look.

No comments:

Post a Comment