Wednesday, February 16, 2011

080819_sunset_rainbow1.jpg
by Jeanne Pumphrey

I found this photo on the KATU news website.  The photographer Jeanne Pumphrey was the person who submitted the photo, and labeled it as a " sunset rainbow".  I understand the label that she put on it, because you can see the rainbow in the frame.  The photo was taken in Port Angeles, Washington. ( fun fact...twilight filmed a scene there)  I really love this photo because to the blending of colors.  The way that the pink and the blue counteract each other really makes the picture.  I also like how the trees are in the foreground but very dark.  The rainbow makes the picture seem very mystical and beautiful.  I could stare at this picture for days and not get bored.
cool-pix-2003-lightning.jpg
I googled cool lightning pictures and found this one.  I enjoy looking at lightning pictures, because they are so rare.  I also really like the orange and red colors that the sunset is producing.  I also like the dark foreground and how it contrasts the colors in the background. This picture just takes my breath away.

No comments:

Post a Comment