Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3/17

In the articles that I read I found all the information to be very helpful in learning new things about photography.  In the article about lighting I found it very interesting that bad weather can create the best pictures. Like the canyon photo that had the harsh clouds that caused the photo to look 3D, because of the illuminated lighting. When he shows the cave photo, I really enjoyed the lighting and how it reflected off the ground to cause both the shadows and the glow on the rocks.  I also like that  he plans his shoots before he goes, so that he doesn't have to wait forever at the shoot for the right lighting.  Over all the lighting advice was helpful and i will definitely take the weather and the lighting into consideration when it comes time to shoot.  In the second article about light I found it interesting that many photographers look at the almanac like farmers, gardeners, hunters, etc.  Along with using a farmers almanac to look at the weather and sun rise and set, you can also use a gps to determine such things, it can also keep you from getting lost in the wilderness. If you don't have a gps you can always use a compass to locate the sun using the azimuth.  Also the tools that he uses to create artificial light using reflecting shields to relocate lighting to another object. In article 3 I found the different times of the day that the photos were taken to be interesting in the way that they made the pictures stand out. I found the air lighting to be very interesting and enjoyed the white sands picture very much.  I also really enjoyed the  4 pictures on the different times of the day that the lighting.  It's interesting to see how the different angels the sun has on the object and illuminating different parts of the photo. In article 4 I really liked the idea of using silhouette photography.  I enjoy the idea of contrasting dark foregrounds with light backgrounds. I also enjoyed the rainbow examples and hope to capture something like that one day, and i wonder if with the panoramic option if you could take a picture of the whole rainbow?  The picture of the cave with the light penetrating through the whole was also awesome.  I enjoyed all these links and think they will become very helpful when shooting landscape photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment